"Liberty is to the collective body, what health is to every individual body. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man; without liberty no happiness can be enjoyed by society. "
-- Henry St. John
- Affordable is relative to who is making the purchase. The number of houses that Mitt Romney owns and the number of boxes a homeless person sleeps under would be exhibit A.
- People that support Barack truly believe this plan is a good idea. People that oppose Barack’s plan think this is a bad idea. What the two sides have in common is, the percentage of both that actually read the bill.
- If the government truly cared about the public’s basic welfare, why would they penalize them for NOT having something they cannot afford? That’s like a home owner’s association penalizing the owner for not having a Bentley.
- Is it just me or is democracy the total opposite of mandate?
- If this bill is inclusive of everyone, what happens to people that do not believe in medicinal care?
- Most fights end with someone winning and someone losing. I’m curious, what side do you fall?
- I will trust the government more when I get an itemized list of where my tax dollars went?
- Pop quiz: Do you think this healthcare bill covers the stress it causes?
- If this mandate is truly in the best interest of the people, shouldn’t everyone have access to the same physicians? There is a hint in exhibit A.
- Are jump-offs charged a higher premium?
- I think it’s time to reexamine the meaning of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- A birth certificate is the only mandate required to access healthcare in the Netherlands and Canada; the two countries most often cited as the inspiration behind this bill.
- Have you noticed that NO ONE ever mentions that it is a federal crime to NOT financially participate in this affordable act? Perhaps the name of a good lawyer should be one of the modifications.
- I see far less Obama bumper stickers than I used to.
- I wonder if those people (in example O) just got rid of their cars to offset their premium.
- A friend once told me: “Those that believe will never question and those that question will never believe.”
- I highly recommend the Hip Hop CD “Someday It Will All Make Sense." The author of the CD and the author of the healthcare bill have way more in common now than they did when they were just neighbors in Chicago.
- The older I get the more value I find in truth and the less I like people that use it as a weapon.
- Do you think being under oath discourages people from lying or helps them to be more creative?
- How beneficial is it to celebrate a political victory if the win is based on hurting the people that lost?
- What do you think is worse, waking up to the American Dream or the nightmare you have chasing it?
- The older I get the more I miss Malcolm X.
- When I was younger, the older heads use to tell me that wisdom is wasted on the youth. I wonder if those kids had the option of choosing their parents would that mantra be more or less true?
- Do you think animals in a zoo have a more equitable healthcare plan than the people that put them there?